Our promise to you is to maximize every dollar that is donated!
Here are just a few of the ways your donation to the Sylvania Academic Excellence Foundation will make a difference today and for years to come:
- District Technology: The Foundation is helping to put technology into the hands of every student in the Sylvania Schools. Students today are digital natives and have grown up using the Internet, tablets, and smartphones as learning devices. We must meet students where they are and provide them with the tools that help them broaden their learning to incorporate critical thinking, analytical skill sets, and team-building exercises.
Student Scholarships: The Foundation currently offers three annual scholarships: the Augustus Zimmerman Award of Excellence to the class valedictorians at both high schools, and the Marjorie Fitkin Scholarship to a student entering the field of education. Our goal is to provide $15,000 in scholarships annually.
Additional Programs and Projects: The Foundation continually examines the needs and challenges of the district, including critical programs that would go unmet without additional funding. We step forward to help fund those programs today and in the future.
Financial contributions of all sizes make a difference as we work to achieve the district’s goal of putting technology in the hands of every student. There is no such thing as a small gift, and we’re excited to work with you to help you make the donation that is right for you. All gifts are tax-exempt to the fullest extent of the tax code.
Please consider these ways to support the Sylvania Academic Excellence Foundation and the future of education in our community:
- Augustus Zimmerman Distinguished Donor Circle – $25,000 and above
- Valedictorian – $10,000 to $24,999
- Salutatorian – $5,000 to $9,999
- Honor Roll – $1,000 to $4,999
- Hall of Fame Level – $500 to $999
- Superintendent Level – $250 to $499
- Principal Level – $100 to $249