Smart investors want to know what they are funding.
Here are just some of the ways Sylvania students offer a great return on your investment:
- We consistently have the highest number of National Merit Scholarship finalists and semi-finalists in Northwest Ohio. At least two of our students have earned at perfect scores on ACT/SAT tests each year. Approximately 90 percent of our graduates attend a two- or four-year college, university, or technical school. Our alumni have attended colleges and universities throughout the United States, including many in the Big Ten, Ivy League, Atlantic Coast Conference, MAC, and others.
- Our three junior high schools take top honors each year in regional and state competitions, including MathCounts, Power of the Pen, Quiz Bowl, and Science Olympiad.
- Our students also regularly place at state and nationals in numerous academic endeavors, such as Speech & Debate, Mock Trial (world champions), Science & Humanities, Business Professionals, AgriBusiness, Medical Technologies, and Education, among others.
- We have earned 285 NLL championships since the late 1970s.
- Dance teams from both high schools consistently place in the top three at state competition.
- In 2013, we earned the state title in hockey and have been a past state football winner.
- The district has a 98 percent graduate rate.
- For the past four years, Sylvania high schools have made the National AP honor roll.
- Both of our high schools have earned Silver Medal ratings three times from the U.S. News & World Report.
- Over 50 Academic Scholars are honored yearly for their achievements.
- Our schools and students embrace a commitment to service, not only donating dollars, but thousands of hours of volunteer time each year to local and national charitable organizations.
- Our schools offer more than forty AP and Honors courses that help better prepare our students for college.
- Our graduates earn over $14 million in scholarships and grants each year.
- Sylvania Schools’ alumni have careers in business, medicine, higher education, the arts, music, theater, law, economics, medical technology, education, engineering, the trades, and more.